They’re heeeeeeere! The parental unit will be back on campus soon so this will be your first test to show them that you (their pride and joy) can hold your own at college.
Here are five steps to proofing your room for their arrival:
1. Hide any and all traces of non-parent-friendly behavior. This includes bottles, wrappers, receipts… you catch my drift, just don’t let them catch on!
2. Make your bed. It’ll make your room look nicer and your parents will probably want a place to sit as they ask you all sorts of questions about your “new life” at college.
3. In case they decide to peruse your drawers or closet, make those areas look presentable too. They do NOT need to see what you plan on wearing to some upcoming homecoming bash…
4. Keep your textbooks (especially the ones for the advanced classes they never took) and maybe a few old papers (with “A”s on them) prominently displayed on your desk.
5. Find that family portrait they tucked away in your boxes and put it on your nightstand. It’s always been there, right?